The aim of this project is to build development/bleeding-edge packages of FontForge for the Windows platform. Stable/Official builds can be found at FontForge's new website. FontForge's source code can be found here.
These builds are compiled natively with MinGW-w64 (not CygWin), using the most up-to-date components and libraries where possible. Almost all required software and dependencies needed to compile FontForge were sourced from the MSYS2 project.
- 31/07/17: Synced with the 20170731 release. Compiled run_fontforge.exe with Visual Studio instead of GCC to avoid antivirus false positives.
- 04/10/16: Synced with the 20161004/20161005 release
- 13/08/16: Prelease build, synced with git master. Also built 64-bit version, upgrading to Python 3.5.
- 05/04/16: Synced with the 20160404 release
- 25/08/15: Synced with the 20150824 release
- 14/06/15: Fixed bug in Window titles not being displayed properly.
- 30/05/15: Experimental Unicode filename support (must be enabled in fontforge.bat). Fixing autorecover 'Forget' options and fixing hotkey saving. Ported MetaFont import function (must have e.g. MikTeX).
- No Collab support. This probably won't ever happen, until this code matures substantially.
- Various GUI bugs
- Fix some annoying GUI quirks.
Along with the standard installer version, a portable package is also provided.
Please note that the installer is incompatible with any previous versions of FontForge offered, including those by Matthew Petroff.
Latest version installerFontForgeSetup-31-07-2017-r2.exe (18.8 MB)
Latest version portable packageFontForge-mingw-w64-i686-bbe2d0-x11-r2.7z (17.3MB)
Somewhat experimental 64-bit builds
64-bit builds are now being offered. For now, only a portable version is provided - no installer. Generally speaking, 64-bit builds are built less often than the 32-bit counterpart.
Also note that this build requires Windows Vista or later. Python scripting now uses Python 3.5, so Python scripts must be written in Python 3.
If you find a bug specific to the 64-bit version, please notify me!
- Matthew Petroff also provides Windows builds of FontForge: Link
- Relatively up-to-date CygWin builds can be found here: Link
This project is maintained by Jeremy Tan. Feel free to post any issues specific to these builds to the tracker on GitHub.
Last modified 31/07/2017.